Monday, January 19, 2009

Mexican Cruise Travel Day

Day one of our fabulous Mexican Cruise although it’s really not a cruise day, it was a travel day. We left Amarillo about 10:30 am and landed in San Diego about 3 pm Pacific. The flight connected in Las Vegas so it was pleasant. There were also a ton of Chiropractors on the flight but I didn’t talk to any of them about a book…I’m still working on the spinal decompression book and one at a time is plenty…although he may be my favorite Chiropractor ever. He’s so nice and unassuming – a rare thing in doctor ranks. Anyway, the hotel was a $10 cab ride from the airport….so yes we probably could have walked but hey, I wanted a cab. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay which is a whole 20 steps from the cruise terminal and our boat docked right in front of the hotel.

We ate at a little restaurant built over the water called Antonio’s and yes, I had sea kitten – fillet of sole to be exact. We sat out on the balcony in our hotel room and enjoyed the near perfect 75 degree weather (no wind) until the sun went down. It was a beautiful first day and can’t wait to hop on board and get away. I’ll still be working of course, but I can do that anywhere which is the absolute beauty of being a full time writer!

No comments: