Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And we're off!!!

The last two days have been insanely busy!! Not only has every dormant author decided to start working on their book again, they all had to call to chat before I left. Yes, I feel the love but I'm ready to feel the tequila infused air of Mexico a lot more.

We've come across two great projects for our publishing company and are very excited to see how they go. I'll be revealing more as thing progress on those. I've also caught up a few things so I'm getting everything cleared out for the new onslaught of projects as seminar season kicks off. It usually doesn't get swinging until the end of Feb, but this year its starting mid-January. I guess its a sign of the times as people seek answers to the problems (financial and otherwise) that they have.

In other news, I'm a little wary about leaving the fishys in care of Liz and Chris for the week. I've left them before but it wasn't the dead of winter so I'm just hoping that they keep them from being fishcicles by the time I get back. Speaking of fish I saw something hilarious today. It's an article about the fact that PETA has 'rebranded' fish as 'sea kittens'. I know - I'm still laughing. Anyway it seems they think that fish need an image make over so all those bad people will stop torturing them by catching them and *gasp* eating them!!! Can you believe it? They even have bedtime stories and everything for wacked out people to read to their poor impressionable children. Here's the link - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99249669

You know, perhaps they should 'rebrand' cattle - they could be 'milk horses'. Chickens could be 'egg parrots' and carrots could be 'Chia Roots'. The world has gone mad - MAD I tell you! This will give me something serious to talk about on the boat when I've had one too many.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*ROFL*

See? This is where my genius comes from. XP Sea kittens indeed...crazy PETA people.