Monday, April 24, 2006

The Grill Master

Needless to say, when I got home Friday there was a shiny new grill at our house. And after reading my last post, my husband wants everyone to know FOR THE RECORD that he was not pouting......he was merely planning his next move........whateva......... This weekend we had grilled everything: steaks, hamburgers, pork chops...thank God he left the watermelon alone.

I did make some progress this weekend on Come As You Are but not as much as I would have liked. I also did some market research into some more magazines that I would like to write for. I'm amazed at how time consuming the research is, but I know it is well worth it. I spoke to the publisher that I am ghostwriting for and should receive my first advance check tomorrow. I know it sounds silly, but there is nothing more gratifying than taking a check to the bank. Its like validation that you are pursing a real money-making occupation and the fact that you love doing it is just an added perk.

2 comments:

Jennifer Archer said...

Major congrats on the check, Dee!

dee said...

thanks....I love a fluffy bank account it makes things so much easier.....