Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ditto

Hmmm. Yesterday when I got home, there was another request from a different publisher for a partial of my contemporary romance. Tis the season I guess. Though I should be thrilled, its almost like a bad flashback to two years ago when I sent out a few queries and 3 publishers requested my book......then none of them bought it. It was devastating and really had a detrimental effect on me for a LONG time. I realize now that I shouldn't have let it get me down, but that's easier said. When I look back, I think that all that bad made me so much stronger as a writer, and now WHEN it happens I'll be much more realistic and ready to go, realizing that the hard work is just starting. And no, I'm not getting an ice cream today. I had to walk around the park last night in horrible wind, being battered by elm tree seeds...not worth it.

No comments: