Monday, August 28, 2006

Fall is in the air....

Yes folks, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and brand new textbooks is all about me this week. I will once again be teaching writing classes at Amarillo College. These classes are always a great boost to my own writing as I see all the talent we have here and want to press forward that much harder.

We are also just 27 days away from our cruise. Jamacia here we come! Barring any wayward hurricanes of course. As long as we get on the boat I don't care where we go. I plan to be playing poker most of the time we're out to sea anyway so no big deal. I love the idea of being completely away from everything. There's no excuse to check up on work or the multitude of projects I have to do, I will be out of the country. In fact I think that is what I will put on my out of office, "Dee is currently out of the country and unable to answer your email at this time. Hopefully she will be back. If not, good luck." That's so tacky isn't it? hehehehehehehehe

I also hired another writer to do a golf book for Life Success. It's basically a parody of the business world using golfers that this caddy encounters on a daily basis. Pretty neat. Meanwhile I'm still hard at work on the plastic surgery book. Now on the fourth chapter concerning boob jobs of one type or another. My favorite so far was the man boob chapter. Don't ask me why.

I also got another assignment from Credit Union Business Magazine which is a great thing. They have such a beautiful and well written magazine that I'm really proud to be a part of it. Don't know where it will be slated on the editorial schedule, but I will let you know.

Pricker update - for those of you following along, the prickers are now about knee high. Which is amazing and probably due to the fact that we've had more than 1/3 of our yearly rainfall in less than a month! It's a tropical downpour everytime I turn around and it's starting to negatively effect my roses. They are desert plants, not water lillies!

Kids are back at school and life is settling into a routine again for us. A very quiet routine which is a great thing. Except for classes, and the book projects, and the articles...and ....and.....and...

No comments: