Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Whirlwind....

I'm back on the merry-go-round once again. I'm just now digging out from the work I left undone before leaving for the weekend last week but I swear that someone has backed up a dump truck of more stuff to do and is slowly drowning me. I guess everyone wants their projects wrapped up before the end of the year so there's been a mad rush to get things scheduled this week.

The writer's retreat in Santa Fe last weekend was great. We all had a good time and got lots of work done. But after three days, it leaves me brain dead. Thanks to Anita, Liz and Susan for all their help with my two book ideas. I hope to get started on them soon.

Yesterday was the last night of my writing classes for the semester. So sad. I had a wonderful group this fall. I can see several having published within the next few years. I hope most of them join the critique class next spring so I will get to hear the last part of their novels. Last night Jodi Thomas (www.jodithomas.com) spoke to the class, and as always was wonderfully inspiring. They don't know how lucky they are to have the likes of Jennifer Archer (www.jenniferarcher.net) and Candace Havens (www.candacehavens.com) speak to them as well. The published authors here are some of the most generous people I have ever met, and I know its not like that everywhere. This is the perfect place for a writer to learn from the best and be nurtured through all of the hard times ahead. There's alot to be said for "Good Writer Karma" as Candy Havens says.

Lots of ghostwriting projects piling up right now too. I'm on the search for more ghostwriters if anyone is interested. Most of these projects are with clients who want to be motivational speakers. Many are from Canada & Australia and all seem to be easy to work with.

I'm also leaving for Las Vegas on Nov 1-5. This is a trip my hubby planned and is for pure recreation. I will probably be spending 12-14 hours a day at the poker table, which is exactly how I like it.

No comments: