Monday, March 09, 2009

5 things I did last weekend...

Its been an eventful couple of weeks at the castle. Here's this list for last weekend.

1. cleaned the pond - we had a couple of tragedies at the pond. Two floaters. The problem is the algae is just taking all the oxygen so the little fish suffocated...bummer...I had asked Gina to send a guy over to clean it...unfortunately it was a kid and he half assed it so as usual, if you want something done you have to do it yourself. Me & Kevin caught the survivors, took all their toys out and scrubbed the walls down I have to say it is sparking!! So we went over to fish pros and bought three more fish to add to the crew and i had Gina order some replacements for the deceased.

2. Talked with David and Andrea - as friends and now authors for TAG, I was excited to hear they may be moving back to Texas!! California is overrated anyway and you can't beat the cost of living in Texas. They are also making good progress on their book.

3. Went to the depot and got more stuff to hang some of the paintings that I haven't hung yet from the move (now almost 8 months ago!!). I didn't actually get to the hanging part, just got the stuff. The pond was a priority.

4. Got some mothballs - we are having cats issues and they are really annoying. Not our cats mind you, but everyone else's in the neighbor hood. Our exterminator dude suggested moth balls to put under the bushes and around the yard where they like to leave their calling cards. I have to admit, the smell of mothballs would certainly turn me off!!

5. Drank too much wine - I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but it turns out that Pinot Noir is very easy to drink...so we did...me & Kevin both....it also goes great with Oreos.....gee no wonder it seemed like the weekend just slipped by....

No comments: