Tuesday, March 17, 2009

STOP THE MADNESS!!

Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment so I'm blogging as a way to avoid the thousand things begging for attention. For those following along, an update on the pond. We had an additional floater due to the algae bloom and sad to say it was Spot...the calico fantail. Bummer. But then today Gina called and said the new shipment of sea kittens had arrived for my viewing pleasure. I'd planned to replace the one dead red cap and the bubble eye...and of course, now Spot. However, some how the quest for three new fish turned into seven! How does that happen? Well, I kind of know how it happens, I can't seem to buy just one of a certain kind of fish. Its like they need a friend of their own 'kind' to pal around the pond with. So I got two redcaps, two gold and white something or anothers, two calico bubble eyes, and one very large flashy replacement for Spot. I'm not sure why I never buy a companion for Spot since all the others have a little friend. I guess since he's always been such a loner - kind of the James Dean of the pond, just a little too cool to have any competition. Maybe Spot#2 will need a friend, we'll see. Again, the beautiful thing about fish is if they croak, you scoop them out, feed them to the neighborhood cat and then get another one just like it.

On the work front, can you say holy moly?? Have projects lined up from here to the Arctic - just waiting on the flood of paperwork to come through so we can get started. TAG has also signed some new authors with cool book ideas and they are exciting I must say! We got the ARCs back for a fiction client that we're doing some marketing for and they look pretty good. I am amazed they can print them in 48 hours these days!

In other news, Jen is coming home for a week in April!!! So excited...she hasn't been home in forever. Last I saw her was on the cruise last summer and she hasn't even seen the castle yet! Anyway should be a good time. Well must get back to work, it won't do itself.....

No comments: