Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Red Couch

So we've moved the closing date for the house up to the 16th.....eager to get there you know. Things are going well on the fix up for the rental and we've found the bestest handy man ever - his name is David and he can fix anything! So he's basically remodeling our house $50 at a time so it will be ready to lease out by Sept 1.

We bit the bullet and went furniture shopping this past weekend. We really only urgently need a bedroom suite - most of the rest can wait. However, over at Texas Furniture they had this little red couch I've had my eye on. Its curved and very girly and I wanted it for the office since we'll actually have room for people to sit in our office now. Anyway, I've looked at it several times and haven't gotten it because it was just a little pricey....then Saturday I went over to see if they'd sold it and they had marked it down to half price! Needless to say I snatched it right up! What can I say? The universe loves me! So now you all can get to visit the red couch when you come to the office - its really cute!

Today and tomorrow we have a client in from Calgary, CA. We're working on his book and some other programs he will be launching. His name is Todd Dean and he is a radio personality up there. We met in a couple weeks ago in Dallas and he's a nice guy. Actually I think he just wanted an excuse to come back to Texas...I mean who would live in the great white north on purpose??

5 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

"Visit the red couch" sounds like a euphamism of some sort I just haven't figured out for what yet.

Dianne G. Sagan said...

I personally can't wait to sit my rear on that red couch in the new office. It does sound like some kind of lead in or title for a story. Kind of like the line to inspire you . . . The red couch reminded me of my past life . . .
As I sat on my favorite red couch, I remembered . . .

Ok, I love flashbacks.
Lost in nonfiction with aspirations for fiction.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA...a red couch, hm? XP The universe is utterly in love with you, Mum.

I will have to make a point to come see the new couch in person. This word of mouth thing is just not the same...

dee said...

hey...its a cute girly couch Travis, not the 'casting couch' kind of thing...of course you are welcome anytime...

Dianne, you are welcome anytime and I think it will be the catalyst for much crativity..

Jen...come home already....the couch will be waiting...

Jennifer Archer said...

I am definitely going to come by to sit on that girly red couch. I want some of that universe love to rub off on me!

Jenny

www.jenniferarcher.net
www.sterlingpen.net