Monday, September 11, 2006

For what it is worth.....

Had lunch today with the fabulous Jodi Thomas. For those of you who don't know, Jodi has been my long time mentor. Whenever I'm in a tough spot writing wise, or just need that little lift, Jodi's there. You can't buy that.

So today I was struggling with choices. Which things are important. Sounds familiar, does it not?? But she had the same sage advice. Go with your gut. And my gut says that my work is the most important thing. As easy as it is to push aside your own dreams in order to make a buck, it is also just that easy to reconnect and say, "Wait a minute, that's not what I signed on for." Everything falls into perspective. My original dream started more than 20 years ago...yes 20. And I still won't give it up. If anything I'm more dedicated than ever. I do have something to say to the universe, and it's important. Even if I don't feel so at times.

Every writer comes to that cross road, and I've been there many times. But I always choose my writing. It leads me to bigger and better knowledge of self, if nothing else, and that is irreplacable.

No comments: