Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fish Sticks

So...I knew it would happen. We've gone back and Fourth about the fish needing a heater. Spouse says no, they are fish....I say yes, they aren't trout, they are exotic goldfish....So anyway, I peek out to check on them this evening before locking up the castle, and there is a solid sheet of ice on the pond!!! And yep, no heater plugged in....grrr...and double grrrrr.....all I can say is that it's a good thing I checked or I woulda had frozen little fish sticks by morning....and my spouse would have been responsible for the deaths of 11 helpless little fishies not that he would feel bad about it. Tomorrow I will purchase a padlock for the electrical box and hide the key.....

I have been hooking up with new and old friends via facebook recently and I've been amazed at how great it is. This last week, one of them posted a video of the Gruver High School production of Lil Abner that we did in 1981....it's a hoot to see how young we all looked then! There is only a fleeting glimpse of me in the back but if you can pick me out of the crowd, I'll give you a free copy of my book....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=40482486197&ref=mf

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I'll have to check that out when I have time, but I agree with your husband. They're fish.

Britta Coleman said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish sticks, and I disagree with Travis. (Hi, Travis, you wily fisherman.) When you have them in your yard, they are no longer fish. They are pets.

dee said...

well, I do feel a responsibility to them since I bought them and put them in the pond...its not like they just washed downstream....