Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Top page count

I have figured out that the top page count I can manage is 40-45 pages per day. That's it. I've discovered that I need a mental break of about 45 minutes to an hour for every ten pages or so that type. Even if I am still awake and have more time to write, I get to about page 42 and the neurons refuse to fire anymore. Its almost like they organize a walk out. I have also learned that it is dangerous for me to drive after an extended writing session. Like you've had a bottle of Nyquil. Very weird.

The ghostwriting project is outta here!! I'm so happy I could spit! I had to set a few things aside to get it done, so I will be getting back to those this week. Now that I know that sustained effort will produce tremendous page counts, I'm excited to give it a go on my other projects. I'm also contemplating starting a monthly newsletter as my contact list has grown. Maybe something with writing tips and new and exciting market directions...what do you all think? What would you like to see in a newsletter?

2 comments:

Jennifer Archer said...

40-45 pages per day! I'm amazed, awed, envious! Fabulous! Congrats on finishing the ghostwriting project! As for a newsletter, I would love to see marketing tips, how to create a buzz, etc. I am such a dummy at these things!

dee said...

I don't know that I'll do it again.....but thanks...I will definately do some marketing tips in my newsletter...