Monday, May 26, 2008

13 days til the cruise.....

Actually 12 days until we leave...we Fly into Miami on June 8. Everyone is so very excited and I for one, can't wait. Normally, I wouldn't take a vacation this time of year as summer is our busy season, but with everyone graduating and other people bringing their kids, this was the best time. Though work will pile up, I'm really looking forward to getting away. The map at the left shows where we will be going.


Here's one of the locations we'll be visiting:
Its the fort in Puerto Rico as you round the island coming into port.


Though we will be cruising the eastern Caribbean on this trip, Kevin and I are planning our regular birthday cruise for this fall. We usually go at the end of September and started it on our 40th birthdays (which are on the same day). We've continued to keep it up as cruising is very economical and life is too short to go for long periods of time without seeing the beautiful blue waters and feel the soft salt spray from our balcony. We'll be heading to the Mexican Rivera out of LA so it should be a good time. And its Mexico so we probably won't get off the boat that much - I'd prefer to stay on board anyway most of the time.

I'd have been saying that I hope to work on my book on the cruise for weeks - but I'm not saying that anymore. I WILL work on my book. I suppose some would find it odd that the one thing that I do every single day - write - is also the thing I look most forward to when I go on vacation. I guess that's a good indication of what your true passion is, if you do it every day and still can't get enough then its what you were meant to do. Anyway I will be finishing my new book on the cruise - and updating about the trip on the blog so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGCRUISESOEXCITED! XD

I can't believe we're down to almost a WEEK! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I have so much shopping to do before then! =X

Britta Coleman said...

Have a wonderful time...looking forward to the cruise posts. Because if anyone can turn a cruise into a side-splitting story, it's you.

dee said...

wooo hooo!!! so much to do see and be on the cruise...can't wait...and who knows...maybe we'll have another hail mary aboard this year's cruise with the requisite tour of the morgue....so it thrills me if nothing else....