The Amarillo writer's conference last weekend was really fabulous!! Great time to catch up with old friends and make new ones as always. Our book made its debut and the reception was excellent. We're off tomorrow for the Austin Agent's & Editor's conference and anticipate great things. I actually have some time to make my to do list for next week and so far here's what's on the slate:
1. Gathering more stories from some of my girlfriends about their views on aging for the Aesthetic Cosmetic book.
2. I received some background material from a new client that is involved in funding real estate through non-recourse loans within an IRA - very interesting concept and the book cover was fabulous! Can't want to start writing this one.
3. Finish up editing a book concerning the meaning we associate with money and how that affects us.
4. Get TAG Publishing website up and start email marketing campaign for our book.
5. Get Bosses From Hell website up. This was an idea I had a couple of years ago when I was contemplating the Doctoral degree in Management. The basic idea is to run a contest to let people submit stories of awful bosses and then write a book with those stories as well as advice for dealing with them in the jungles of corporate cubeland. This is one of those ideas that just won't die - so be thinking of the worst things your boss has ever done to you so you can submit! I'm not sure what the prize will be but I'll let you know.
6. Get some sleep!! You'll notice this is last on the list which means, if there's time, I'll get to it.